my path

If you want to chat about anything, do it here.
Dreamtime

my path

Post by Dreamtime »

You welcome to anything in my Path. I am using it on OW (Culture World) About 1% a copy6right and they will not load. http://dreamtime.myobjectpath.com/obj/ :D
Ananas

Re: my path

Post by Ananas »

Hi Dreamtime :-)

Funny that I find you here - I saw the 3D browser sig in my web logs and have been curious (of course)
Edwin
Site Admin

Post by Edwin »

Ananas wrote:Hi Dreamtime :-)

Funny that I find you here - I saw the 3D browser sig in my web logs and have been curious (of course)
You mean the logs for your object path? I have been using your path for a while, I hope you don't mind :shock: . It's not like there are a lot of people in here, and it was meant to be temporary, which it didn't turn out to be. I'll be setting up my own OP for VP :-)

User-Agent: VirtualParadise/0.2.8

I just forgot to update it to 0.2.9 xD

Oh and welcome :D
Ananas

Post by Ananas »

Ty :-)

No problem - my path isn't very busy and I have a lot of spare traffic left, so you can use it as long as you wish.

I found the VP client signature when I checked the 404 protocol.

I hope you don't mind that I told a few "AW oldies" about it - maybe they will visit too.

Good luck with your project and viele Gruesse aus Koeln !

Volker

p.s.: If you want me to upload a special file for avatar control or something like that, I can do that for you (assuming you don't use the same avatars.dat format as AW)
Edwin
Site Admin

Post by Edwin »

Ok, thanks :)

VP doesn't really have working avatars at the moment, still working on the animated models. Theres just a placeholder for each avatar walking around in a world.

If you want you can test VP too, I'll create an account for you if you register.
Ananas

Post by Ananas »

Currently I'm busy with some BOINC stuff (hosting the stats for a little race) - not on AlmereGrid this one ;-)

Will check back when that's over - I'm currently still on Windows 2000, so it's probably even an OS that it hasn't been tested with yet.
Edwin
Site Admin

Post by Edwin »

It works on Windows 2000 for the most part, except for the chat. VP uses a version of the rich edit control that came with Windows XP SP1. You could try downloading msftedit.dll yourself but I'm not sure if that would work on 2000.

You'll be able to use everything else in the program, I'll try to add a fallback for the next version so it'll all work on 2000 :)

edit: msftedit.dll seems to work fine with VP on Windows 2000
Ananas

Post by Ananas »

PM in this board isn't working :
Compose message

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Edwin
Site Admin

Post by Edwin »

Ananas wrote:PM in this board isn't working :
Compose message

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Fixed, thanks for telling me about this bug.
Ananas

Post by Ananas »

Btw. ... somewhere someone asked about scaling objects ... my object path script can do that (RWX objects only!).

There's a little calculator that evaluates the object name prefix for scaling, tilting etc.

It can also create primitives from scratch.

http://oct31.de/aw/fetch/index.html