Ubuntu

Report any bugs found in the testing versions
Kalzar

Ubuntu

Post by Kalzar »

I recently installed Virtual Paradise 0.0.2.9 on both of my Ubuntu PCs and it won't run at all. I click the icon and nothing happens. Is this known?
Edwin
Site Admin

Re: Ubuntu

Post by Edwin »

What version of Ubuntu are you using? I think the one on the download page was built using 8.10 but I'm not entirely sure. It worked fine on 9.04 for me.

It's probably returning an error message, one you can only see when you run the program from the command line. Could you try running it that way? Just open a terminal window(I think it's in Accessories), type virtualparadise and press enter. Then just paste the error message in here :).
Kalzar

Post by Kalzar »

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04. It seems to run find under terminal mode, but the launcher icon doesn't actually launch the program for me.
Edwin
Site Admin

Post by Edwin »

I just installed Virtual Paradise on a clean Ubuntu 9.04 installation, and it doesn't start. Not using the icon or using the terminal. In the terminal I get the following:

Code: Select all

edwin@edwin-desktop:~$ virtualparadise
virtualparadise: error while loading shared libraries: liblua5.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This is because the package I created did not list Lua as a dependency(I will fix this), which is why it's not working for me. I got it working it by running this:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install liblua5.1-0
But you seem to be having a different problem, no error messages at all?
natalie

Post by natalie »

How long will it take to install ubuntu? I would like to know how long it will take.to install ubuntu. Right now its stuck coying the files at 24% for the last 15 minutes, is that normal? An estimate would be very helpful. Thanks.
Last edited by natalie on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edwin
Site Admin

Post by Edwin »

natalie wrote:How long will it take to install ubuntu? I would like to know how long it will take.to install ubuntu. Right now its stuck coying the files at 24% for the last 15 minutes, is that normal? An estimate would be very helpful. Thanks.
Installing Virtual Paradise shouldn't take long, probably less then a minute. You could try to cancel the installation and start it again. If the problem doesn't go away there may be a problem with the installation file, you could try to download the file again.

There are other possible causes but it's hard to say anything about it without more information.

(While this is also about Ubuntu, it is also a bit off topic. It would be better to start your own thread next time)