Forum updated

News about Virtual Paradise
Post Reply
Edwin
Site Admin
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 am
Location: Almere, The Netherlands
Contact:

Forum updated

Post by Edwin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:42 pm

The forum has been updated to phpBB3, this new version has a lot more built-in features then the older phpBB2 but is still a release candidate. I think it's stable enough to use here and I hope you like the new version. 8)

A new version of VP including the streaming video will be released very soon :mrgreen:

User avatar
Xenion
Moderator
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Forum updated

Post by Xenion » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:40 pm

This new version is cool, but can you perhaps install a Dutch language option? My English is good enough but I prefer my own language for interfaces.

Edwin
Site Admin
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 am
Location: Almere, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Forum updated

Post by Edwin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Xenion wrote:This new version is cool, but can you perhaps install a Dutch language option? My English is good enough but I prefer my own language for interfaces.
I just installed it :) I prefer Dutch too. I still think it's quite funny most of the people on this forum are Dutch but we're all chatting in English here :P

User avatar
Xenion
Moderator
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Forum updated

Post by Xenion » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:09 pm

Thx, much better.
About the English speaking on the forum.
I think we just all agreed to this because we want Virtual Paradise to be International :) :)

Edwin
Site Admin
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 am
Location: Almere, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Forum updated

Post by Edwin » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:45 am

I just finished updating the new forum style to work with phpBB RC6 and up... edited 98 files by hand :shock:

Minipixel
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:45 am

Re: Forum updated

Post by Minipixel » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:27 am

LoL that must have been a pain in the ass... xD
KiraNL - SKL Rooting Team

User avatar
Xenion
Moderator
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Forum updated

Post by Xenion » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:10 am

With all mods applied and the necessary changes made, this forum rocks!

I can't however find the Sticky or Announce options when making a new topic. Or have you just disabled this for Mods?

Edwin
Site Admin
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 am
Location: Almere, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Forum updated

Post by Edwin » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:14 pm

Xenion wrote:With all mods applied and the necessary changes made, this forum rocks!

I can't however find the Sticky or Announce options when making a new topic. Or have you just disabled this for Mods?
Hmm, I just tested it and it looks like it's disabled for mods. I'll fix it :mrgreen:

Edit: done :mrgreen:

User avatar
Xenion
Moderator
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Forum updated

Post by Xenion » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:28 pm

Edwin wrote:
Xenion wrote:With all mods applied and the necessary changes made, this forum rocks!

I can't however find the Sticky or Announce options when making a new topic. Or have you just disabled this for Mods?
Hmm, I just tested it and it looks like it's disabled for mods. I'll fix it :mrgreen:

Edit: done :mrgreen:
Cool, thx :)

User avatar
Xenion
Moderator
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Forum updated

Post by Xenion » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:18 pm

LoL, theres also a limit on quotes? (max 3 in a post???)

Post Reply