Virtual Paradise 0.3.18

News about Virtual Paradise
Edwin
Site Admin

Virtual Paradise 0.3.18

Post by Edwin »

After 2 months the new version of VP is finally here. :mrgreen: I'm sorry it took this long, I just haven't had as much time as I had before. Here is the list of changes for version 0.3.18:
  • Don't reopen model files that are already loaded
  • Made some changes to the Direct3D 11 renderer that may help fix device creation errors some people were having
  • Removed object space normal mapping code, it was broken anyway
  • Added frame time indicator, enabled by adding show_performance_indicators=1 to the configuration file
  • Don't reopen model files on every use just to check the file type in the zip file
  • Added commands for setting MD2 animation("animation [start frame] [end frame]" and "framerate [frames per second]")
  • Better text alignment of chat on Mac OS X
  • Added field of view world option
  • Added near and far clipping planes world options
  • Added timeout to login
  • Ignore joint transform commands in RWX files, they were treated the same as the other transform commands in earlier versions
  • MD2 loader now works on big endian platforms, but there aren't any where VP is used right now(except the Wii! :mrgreen: )
  • Use less render commands for RWX models in some cases
  • Fixed crash changing model ambient/diffuse/specular when the model isn't loaded
  • Fixed crash creating collision shape after MD2 model failed to load
  • Fixed parts of objects without texture coordinates being invisible when using normal maps
  • Fixed bug where previously hidden objects(create visible no) would not reappear after editing the object
If you have good ideas for new features or think I should work on a particular feature/bugfix first, feel free to leave a comment :)